Monday, November 4, 2013

day eighteen...a case of the mondays

even my cats have a case of the Monday's ;)

If you are like me, then you do not enjoy Mondays. It is just a reminder that the weekend is over and it's time to get back to work. The old me used to hate Mondays...but the new me doesn't mind all that much. Want to know why? Well, in the past I would binge all weekend long on all sorts of harmful foods and then wake up Monday morning feeling miserable, promising myself that today was the day I would get back on my diet.

Now, I wake up Monday morning with a smile on my face knowing I made it through another weekend eating healthy and staying on the Medifast plan! It is a great feeling. But, Monday's are still Mondays and will always be Mondays, and it is still the day making you well aware that the weekend is indeed over. I am excited however, to see what this week will bring. I think it is going to be a good week.

Breakfast
Woke up and drank a delicious mocha shake for breakfast. These shakes are the best...cannot wait for my next order to arrive! I got a few more shake flavors.



Morning Snack
I was busy this morning organizing old pictures at work, so I completely lost track of time...until my stomach started growling, letting me know it was time to eat. And it indeed was.



Lunch
I had my mind set on a meatball salad for lunch, but then I got home and realized I only had two meatballs left. Bummer. So, I looked around a bit and found the pizza burgers! I fried up one of them and smashed it to a ground meat type texture and sprinkled it on top of some romaine lettuce and light Italian dressing. It was really good! I will probably make it again tomorrow!



Afternoon Snack
My body is so weird. I was completely full after lunch, but about 30 minutes later I was hungry again! Well, let me rephrase that...my flesh thought I was hungry, but really it just wanted a piece (or two) of candy from the office next door. Don't worry...I didn't eat any. I chewed on a piece of gum instead and waited for my next snack.



Dinner
I don't know where you are all from, but here in Orange County it was chilly going home! Okay okay...cold for me...most people around the world would consider our weather warm. Not me! Anyways, I got home and did a 30 minute Barre3 workout and then ate some hot macaroni and cheese. Sooo good for such a chilly night!



Dessert
While watching last week's episode of the Biggest Loser, I drank a coffee milkshake. Yes, I know I am weird...eating something so cold when it is chilly outside. But when it comes to frozen treats, I can have them at anytime...no matter the weather.



Workout
So going back to my workout...I decided to start a program called Barre3. It is basically pilates, yoga, and ballet all put into one workout. You do use weights and a small ball, and I love it. The movements are small which result in you working out one specific part of your body at a time...and boy do you feel it. My muscles were spazzing out by the end of the workout—and it was only 30 minutes long! The workouts range from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. I will eventually work my way up to the 60 minutes ones. But as for now, I will be doing the 30 minute workouts 3 times a week.

here is a screenshot of my workout I did tonight

Well, that's all I got for today. Stay strong and be blessed!

xoxo,
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment