Thursday, October 24, 2013

day seven...secrets

I have a secret to tell you guys. But first, let's go over today's eats.

Breakfast: pineapple mango smoothie

This one isn't too bad. Still can't figure out what the taste reminds me of. But overall, so good. Did you notice how dark and cloudy it is outside? Don't you just love the fall? I do. I love when it gets so cold and chilly outside that you can't wait to bundle up and get cozy by the fire, warming up with a nice hot Medifast Cappuccino.

Morning Snack: chocolate chip cookie soft bake

The last time I ate this, I tried to bake it, but it didn't turn out all that great. So this time, I decided to add a bit more water and microwave it. And...it turned out delicious!!! It really tasted like a chocolate chip cookie, and I enjoyed every bite of it.

Lunch: Blackened Tilapia Salad


Okay, ready for secret number one? I do not like fish...like at all. But, I am making the sacrifice for my health and by eating tilapia for my lean and green meal. You won't see it very often though on my blog. But I will eat it only every now and then.

1 lean: 6 ounces of tilapia
3 greens: 3 cups of romaine lettuce
1 healthy fat: 2 tablespoons of light Italian dressing

Afternoon Snack: Cheese Pizza Bites


For some reason, I really like these. I did the last time I ate them and did today as well. Not sure why I like these but not the BBQ ones. It's a mystery.

Dinner: Peanut Butter Milkshake


"Peanut butter milkshake?" You ask. "They don't have those on Medifast." That is because I created one. I used the peanut butter soft serve and mixed it with a 1 cup of water and 1 cup of crushed ice. Then I blended it all together, and voila! A milkshake. I absolutely loved it, and will be making this again for sure.

Dessert: Peanut Butter Crunch Bar


This bar will never grow old. It gets me thinking that I can get through this Medifast plan with success. I actually find myself looking forward to my next Medifast meal rather than my lean and green meal. Love it.

Okay, so you ready for my big secret? Well, it may not seem big to you, but it is huge for me. As of the end of today, I have been on the Medifast diet for seven full days. That is the longest I have stuck with a diet for as long as I can remember. It has been like years. I have always blown it around day 6 or 7 and just called it quits after that...until I attempted to try yet another diet—which only lasted another 6 days.

Anyways, I hope that encourages you to stick with it! Whether it is a diet, a new exercise plan, or really anything—don't quit! If I can do it, so can you. But let me just say that I did not do this alone. I really cannot give myself any credit at all. All the credit goes to the Lord. He has taken me by the hand each morning and walked with me through each day, helping me push aside those temptations and cravings.

Feed your Spirit rather than your flesh and you will have victory. I guarantee it.

xoxo,
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment