Monday, October 21, 2013

day four...an evening stroll and a lesson learned



I cannot believe I have completed day four! Time seriously is flying by. I can't tell you how happy I am and how much I am looking forward to how I will feel and look a month from now or even six months from now <---I am hoping it takes about six months to get to my goal weight of about 105 pounds. I am only 5'1", so this weight is in the healthy weight BMI range for me. :)

okay, moving on to breakfast! I had a smoothie today. An orange mango smoothie to be exact. I can't put my finger on what the taste reminded me of, but it tasted so familiar. Who knows. Overall it was a nice, icy cold and fairly thick smoothie—components for a perfect smoothie.



Moving on to my morning snack, I had a blueberry soft bake...that I did not "bake" but rather cooked  in the microwave. This tasted pretty similar to a blueberry muffin. Actually, it tasted like a real muffin a lot (minus the vitaminy taste. All the Medifast foods are stock full of vitamins). I also thought I would switch up the pictures a bit and show you a step-by-step of how I made this little morning treat. I promise you, there are blueberries in the batter, they just all sunk to the bottom.



So for lunch, I switched it up and had some chicken rather than ground turkey. I also added some sauteed red peppers and put it all over a bed of romaine lettuce and added some light Italian dressing to it.



It was at this time after my lunch up until my afternoon snack that I struggled a bit. I wasn't tempted by other foods, it was more of a I just have to eat something right now. But by eating every 2-3 hours (not every hour) is how my body stays in a high metabolic, fat burning mode. So I waited and practiced discipline.

So, when it was time for my snack I decided on the cheese pizza bites. And you know, they actually did taste like cheese pizza. I was pretty shocked! The cracker part, which acts like the crust, is covered with a cheese and tomato flavor which just comes out to be a pretty delicious snack. I definitely like these better than the BBQ flavored ones I had yesterday.



Around 5pm, I got off work and began to eat my next Medifast snack: A Caramel Crunch Bar! I am not the biggest fan of caramel (I prefer chocolate over anything), but this bar wasn't too bad! I am liking all of the Medifast bars so far!



I ate my bar while driving with my mom to the backbay so we could take a leisurely walk through nature. While walking we listened to a message by Cheryl Brodersen and it just taught me a lesson for sure. <---This is my lesson learned. ;) She had given this message the day after Pastor Chuck (her father) went to Heaven. The joy she had in the midst of a difficult and sad time was incredible. I am currently going through a time at home where it is hard to find joy and love for those who just get on your nerves. You know? But the Lord spoke to me and was telling me I had to show love for these people. I not only think of how Jesus would treat these guys, but also of how Pastor Chuck would have treated them? Both would do it in love.



So we strolled along the beautiful nature path quite briskly while listening to a message, along with all the different birds and animals sounds in the distance. It was such a peaceful moment. After we got back to the car I told my mom, "Wait! We have to take a picture for my blog!" And so we did. :)



All in all, we only walked a bit under 3 miles (we were shooting for 4 miles). But hey, we still burned 235 calories in about 47 minutes...and all we did was walk! Plus, it was nice spending time with my mom.



When we got home, I began making my last meal of the day. It was oatmeal again. But this time it was a brown sugar flavor and I decided to attempt and make a muffin out of it. It didn't turn out exactly how I thought it would, but I will get it right eventually.



So there you have it! My day in a nutshell. Tomorrow I face day 5!

xoxo,
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment