Tuesday, December 31, 2013

christmas confessions and happy new year!


I have a lot to tell you...well, I have a lot to confess to you really. This past Christmas holiday took me for a spin down an endless food frenzy. I went off plan for about nine days and while it was fun for the time being, I hated the way I woke up the next morning and how I felt all day...it was like a sugar hangover. However, I still found myself going back to eating off plan by the end of the day...I was back to my old way of thinking and eating. I am sure I would have been back at my starting weight in a matter of weeks if I kept up this lifestyle.

BUT...thankfully I was able to turn it around. My mom (my main supporter in my house) instructed me to step on the scale and face the damage. It was the only way to really move forward. So, I stepped on the scale and cringed at the number staring back at me...I gained 12 pounds in only a matter of days. So that was it. No more...it just wasn't worth it. And you know, to tell you the truth, I missed being on the program. I missed the food and the structure of it. I felt kind of lost with my meals and snacks during those nine days.

With that said, I am looking forward and not behind at my mistakes. I won't lie...I was pretty hard on myself and kept playing the "what if" game in my mind...but what is done is done. There is no turning back...only moving forward...one step at a time.

So...who is ready for a New Year!? I know I am! It's a fresh start. A blank canvas. All those things that happened in 2013 (both good and bad) are gone. Those days are never coming back. So let's put those mistakes behind us and move forward...welcoming 2014 with open arms.

"Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead" (Philippians 3:13). 

xoxo,
Toni 
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Moving-Forward#sthash.UoFJ5IsP.dpuf
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Moving-Forward#sthash.UoFJ5IsP.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment